Tuesday 6 March 2007

Way to the Girl's Heart

I was pleasantly surprised today. I received a bunch of roses from a really nice "someone". Although the roses received were not in my fave color but nonetheless from the bottom of my heart I really appreciated the gesture more than the flowers itself. It certainly brightened up my day and created some warm fuzzy feeling deep down in me. I must say, it's not easy for a man to pursue a lady and do things that will warrant what we all know as "courtship". So this nice "someone" definitely scored today! :)

There is something about a girl receiving flowers. I'm not saying that guys should send girls flowers during his pursuit or in a relationship, but I'm just stating a fact that most girls like receiving flowers. It makes them feel special and appreciated. And it's definitely a something that will put a silly smile on the girl's face throughout the day. (Er ya, it did for me...)

Turning the tables around at the girls... I think there's nothing wrong for girls to do things to make the guy feel special once-in-awhile. Seriously, I've sent flowers, planned for a romantic evening, chocolates, etc. Trust me on this one girls, the guy will dig you even more! Nothing will ever be happier for the guy than to see the girl appreciate and reciprocating in kind. In any given relationship, it always takes two to tango. Each doing his/her part to keep the flame alive!

On a separate note, we've also heard this saying that applies to guys in general: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." These days I get more men asking me as if it's one of their checklist for their potential Ms Right, "Er, Do you cook?" I gather from the male kind that fewer women these days actually can cook. Well I guess to a certain extent, maybe it's true. But then again, if they cook, we, the womenfolk will pretty much take the initiative to help be the "Miss Mama Lemons" right? Ok this stand warrants two schools of thought... so I shan't start the banter going. Back to the point that I'm trying to make here, the very same saying applies to most girls too, "The way to a girl's heart is through her stomach". It's always nice for us to see men making the extra effort to whip up our favourite gastronomic cuisine. OK fine, maybe not all girls appreciate that, at least I do. To me, the feeling I get on the inside is likened to that of receiving flowers.

Not trying to spark any fire here, just to set your minds at ease, I've already started to check out recipes. Would definitely try to hone my culinary skills to try to whip up a nice gastronomic fare for my special someone, some day! :) Cos at the end of the day, relationship/life is not just about ME alone.

~ Lara ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's marking territory!

Anonymous said...

Wonderbra ad with the line "I can't cook. Who cares?" over the semi-naked Eva Herzigova.

Touche.

Anonymous said...

I like tat... very creative... let's see it happen on national tv.