Thursday 29 March 2007

The Ex

The annual T awards is here and we'll be there tonight to have a good time getting smashed on alcohol and mocking fun of the ho-hum performances they make us sit through before handling out the awards. Everyone stays just for the post-show reception - if its anything, the organisers goes out of the way to make sure that the food is good, the drinks are free flow, so maybe we will forget the ho-hum performances.

I've always enjoyed the post-shows since the usual gin-gang is there and we know how to have fun. The dampener I had last year was truly a fluke and I certainly hope its not the same this evening. I bumped into my Ex. Boss.

How bitch of a boss she was? This was the same woman who:
1) told me that if I'm well enough to make my way to see the doctor, I can jolly well come to work
2) kept me up at nights with continuous strings of sms from 7pm to the ungodly hours of 4am
3) BCCed (her emails to me) the MD on emails about my 'deteriorating behaviour'
4) pasted post-it notes all over my work station as she preferred not to look me in the eyes
5) kept a cold front in the office by bestowing a unwritten rule that its best I do not speak to the other secretaries in the office for fear that they might poison my mind (too late lady! You're the quack...I had lunch ALONE for 2 whole years.)
6) said to others my taste of music was unacceptable (my music unacceptable?? You listen to Josh "the wanker" Groban". Please. Get. A. Personality. Of. Your. Own.)

amongst other horrifying things that I try to keep at the back of my head but occasionally rears its ugly head.

And how terrified was I under her reign of terror? I never got over it even though it has been years (and sources tell me she is still bad mouthing me to anyone who would listen). I'm actually contemplating skipping tonight's function so I can avoid last year's disaster. Zaza met the Ex earlier during the ceremony and promptly marched me up to her at the end of the post-show so she (Zaza) could sing my praises. The Ex has a putrid look on her face as if something extremely bad-smelling was placed under her nose. She refused to acknowledge my presence during the entire 5-way conversation.

My dad has always taught me not to be unkind to the ones who have been unkind to me. Respect his teachings and all, what I really want to do is to stab the Ex with a really blunt fork into her jugular and turn a full clockwise rotation, really slowly.

She is going to haunt me for the rest of my working life. The Ex won.

~SeamonkeY~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey seamonkey,

gosh, sounds like you've got it bad from the ex-boss...i can relate to that to a certain extent. somehow the blunt fork technique was a tad bit too cruel. i was thinking about 19 blunt and rusty forks coupled with the same twisting manouvre......ouch.

indeed, the ho-hum performance was a yawner. most of the thank-you speeches were outright bogus. basically made my hair stand on it's ends with all that cheesiness. the alcohol did wonders to numb the senses though...*hic*...a beer, 2 reds and a white.nice.

curlymoe

Anonymous said...

heya moe..the performances are getting better I must say. But also seems that the part of the food budget has made its way to the performers! Nonetheless, the drinks did help :) The Ex was spotted by friends of mine but I didnt have a chance to do the 'fork' thing. Next year perhaps? Cheers,