Saturday 3 March 2007

Ai Hum Ai Hiam Mai?

The recent Chinese New Year (apart from winning $ on gambling table) was pretty much a dreadful moment for me.

Coming to the Big 3 Zero and with gossipy aunties who wonder whY I aint married, and whY I aint have a bf and whaT happen to my last bf. The two Ys and one "wat" literally made me munch my prawn rolls in quiet depression.

My aunties (from mum's side) can be quite a character. And I really mean it.

4th Auntie is a spinster and works in a hawker centre. She goes "Gal ah, I have this char kway teow seller, I introduce him to you ???" *spoken in hokkein*

My eyes widen, my jaw dropped, my bro (sitting next to me) un-diplomatically broke into laughter. Dad did the most unglam thing. "That means her mum can have kway teow soup in the morning, char kway teow in the afternoon and kway teow bee hoon for dinner!" Thanks Dad. Thanks Bro and Thanks 4th Auntie.

GOD, SAVE ME.

Lets put things into perspective. I am cool with people of all ranks, all races, all religions. Discrimination aint in my dictionary at all. Naturally I think there must be chemistry and communication between two persons, in order for them to move thro life together. And yes I do know how shouting "ai hum ai hiam mai" can earn that chap a Rolex Datejust, a BMW and a Bungalow in Sixth Avenue. But, will there be chemistry? Will I smell kway teow while making love, what will our conversation be? Er...A little (or maybe a lot) of stereotyping here, but there again, I believe in the fact that job and personality tend to go hand in hand. For that matter, your attitudes or personalities some time, changes along with your job and vice versa.

Trust me in this, Marketers vs Accountants is a good example. Get me to count and do balance sheet, forget it! Get an accountant to skip a step and look at the big picture? Go home.

~6th Sense~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is soooo tough to read whities over a black background....its making me dizzy...cool and all sure...but aint much if people cant enjoy reading it...(not the content) :-P

Anonymous said...

wo ai hiam with extra hums

Anonymous said...

"I believe in the fact that job and personality tend to go hand in hand. For that matter, your attitudes or personalities"

I have one word for you:

Gynaecologist.