Wednesday 14 March 2007

Could it be?

In the past all my relationships didn't seem to end up in a marriage. 3 years, 2 years, 6 months, 3 months... somehow they all ended with the big B... BREAKup.

I must have been in 10 relationships or more... bearing in mind all these time, I've always wanted to settle down at 25 n having babies at 27... but non of these relationships lead anywhere near the big M... MARRIAGE.

I used to conclude that every guy i dated was a scumbag, good-for-nothing, commitment phobia freaks who couldn't appreciate me... a loving, committed, happening girl... i mean what else could they ask for...

Only years and years later... there i was staring out of my window... reflecting on my broken life... complaining to my Creator "What's wrong with you? Why u place all these horrible people in my life? Don't i deserve someone better?" It was at that moment, a thought came into my mind.... "maybe it's me..."

That really got me thinking... and true enough I realised there were so many issues I had to deal with. It was these issues that were causing me to react in a certain ways and contributing to the big B. Until i learnt to deal w those issues and get them out of the way, only then i found someone willing to hold my hands n walk this journey together with me.

When things go wrong, it's easy to look at others and point all 1o fingers at them... but its far more effective to point the fingers at ourselves and work on us than to hope they would change for us...

Ribena in a reflective mood...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeh..thats very true!

life just needs some falling down before one learns...

heeee....i think i second that ribena!