Friday 9 March 2007

I am still learning

1 year ago...

There I was, standing helpless in the kitchen. They wanted drinks. Sure but, what drinks, which glass, ice without ice, cold or room temperature? At my mum's place, we just take any available cup and pour water to serve. As I stand there looking at the cabinet... tall glasses, fat glasses, short glasses, wine glasses - many different types... but to me they are all called wine glasses...

"Pass me a plate" ok... i took out a plate from where I take from during regular dinners... "No, not these, these are not presentable, they don't come in a complete set..." Wow, if that's not complete what is? At my mum's place, any plate would suffice...

1 year later, tonight

Woo hoo! I can tell a wine glass from a brandy glass and a "pineapple juice" glass from a water glass....

Woo hoo again! I know exactly which set of plates to use, and that we have to wash n dry them to serve again...

Woo hoo triple times! I know that when we have crabs, we serve the special "crab digger" to ease the digging...

Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo Hoo Woo Hoo! What can I say? I even know that when we have fruits like mangoesteen, rambutan and longan, we serve big empty presentable bowls to hold the outer "shell" of the fruits... (what's that called? Ang Mor not powderful.)

Over a few sessoins of entertaining guest, I learn the ropes of entertainment... which are the right table cloths to use, for where, what has to be polished before the guests arrive... things that never even occured to me in the past has now become part of my lifestyle.


Ribena...
Learning the ropes of being a daughter-in-law... different from my life before, but i love it...

No comments: