Thursday 15 March 2007

Just Go Lah

Its nice to be invited to dinner with friends, especially home cooked dinners!

I am really appreciative! Really!

Somehow a dinner involving mostly acquaintances, except for one or two friends, and an intimate cosy setting in someone's home, wrapped in Western Dining environment, I just curl up and start asking "Do I have to go?"

"Yes, you have to, blah blah blah" - "Come lah, come and know more people, blah blah blah"

Why am I curling up? I can operate in social environment quite smoothly. I can talk to new found friends and establish connection. Why is this dinner making me feel awkward even before I go?

Maybe because its a cosy session, smaller group, which makes the ratio of acquaintance seem larger(?) Maybe becos I have to make sure I do not clang the dishes, cut the lambs elegantly and sip my drink in a lady-like manner, cross my leg and speak with p's and q's(?)
Is that why I am crinching?!

Having said that, yes, I will go, I will go becos its Lara's invite, becos its a long time friend, and I am playing the role of a supportive friend there and people cooking for me, so I should be thankful and appreciative!

Can I just do my "now-sadays" and "oren ju no eye" joke there?!

~Worried 6th Sense~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darling 6th sense,

In all honesty, you can go there and say your 'nowsadays', 'orleng ju no eye' or use your hokkien phrases, no one will mind. :) Why? Cos, the profiles of the people going are really easy going and down-to-earth. :) It's an extremely casual setting where there will be no set seats for people on the table. In fact, we'll just throw food on the table and say "NA go eat!" HAHA... It'll be fine! :) *hugs*

~ Lara ~

Anonymous said...

Dear 6th sense...

u trust the person who told the waiter "i would like to enquire..." think again hahahaha....

but i'm sure it'll be good fun. u never know, sparks could fly in the least likely places.

have a good time!

Ribena

Anonymous said...

Ribena, thanks for the reminder.

I am getting cold feet. No sparks dear!

Hmm....Seamonkey aint here to balance out the comments.

How how how ???

Haha! I will go lah....what to do, I already agreed so cannot fly kite right unless I fall sick that day *wink*wink~~

~6th Sense~

Anonymous said...

Aiyoooooooh (notice i'm actually using Singlish here)... SIGH ganging up against me. "Sparks" aside, i think we seriously will have great fun! We've got quite a few jokers in our midst, the night will be filled with laughter! :)

~ Lara ~

Anonymous said...

and the story goes di da di di da di da di....

heeee *cheeky smile*

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the land of sheeps! The sheeps are so cool here.. makes me want to go and hug them to sleep heheeh. RIght, I am here on a mission to give a few tips to 6th Sense for the dinner next weekend.

6th Sense: Lara will be there and lamb is served, so this dinner wont become an insipid gathering, socially or food-wise. if you really have to, prepare someone for 'toothpick' duty. Ask him/her to be on standby to call you when conversation becomes dry. Worst case, get pissed drunk first before entering house of lamb - for that added dash of courage to make small talk. Remember, just ask questions and let other speak. People like to listen to themselves talk. So suck it up and go! Muahahaha...