Tuesday 27 March 2007

The Good, the Bad and this is the Ugly

I left office today in a pretty good mood given that I'm about to see my new niece who just popped last night (incidentally, you do not have to be really nice to kids until they are at least 3 years of age. Let's face it, they won't remember who threw them a fabulous birthday party when they were one-year-olds. So key is to treat them nice from the age they start to develop longer-term memory in case you need someone to take care of you when you are old and broke. Kids should also go naked until they know the meaning of shame, which perhaps is around age 3 as well. They won't remember and it saves you a bundle.)

My mood started to deteriorate as I made my way down to KK. Usually I gauge how foul my mood is by the way I handle the small things. Everything pissed me off on the way to the hospital.

Incident #1: A lady (coming from the opposite direction) and I happened to tap our ezylink cards at the same time at the MRT gates. I saw the blinker go 'Entry OK' and proceeded to cross. She went "Hey, I tapped my card too" and looked at me with hostility. Station manager had to referee the situation by giving the signal that I had the right of way before she finally stepped aside. I muttered “Bitch.” under my breath as I walked past her.

Incident #2: Drivers didn't bother to stop nor slow down as I approached the zebra crossing at the junction. It took flailing arms and a really rude word before a driver finally stopped. Even then, I took my own sweet time to cross the street and gave the driver the type of stare taxi-uncles give to reckless young punks on the road.

And the reason behind the foulness? Kenneth Cole cancelled on the hospital visit during the eleventh hour. Admittedly I did tell him not to worry, work comes first and he was really apologetic – and I did mean it...then. The foulness just crept up unsuspectingly. Getting him out on a weekday is a rarity and I was pretty psyched about meeting him. The three-year-old in me wants to kick up a huge fuss but the adult in me says to let it go when I see that he's still signed in at work at this hour. Doesn't help that I know of couples who meet everyday...smitten early days or not, it must feel nice :/

~SeamonkeY~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...This is honeymoon period lah... Haha :-)

Already adjusted my own expectations - there will probably come a day when wacking tennis balls becomes more exciting than taking long walks with me :-(

By then, please welcome me to the "attached but alone club"...

=p

Anonymous said...

hmm...maybe u should really take up tennis, or you could create activities more exciting than tennis to draw him to you. =P

Anonymous said...

hmm...makes perfect sense! I buy that..hahah :-)

*wink*

Anonymous said...

ok, the "attached but alone club" just sounds really pathetic. u are not helping.

Anonymous said...

And that's why ladies, we should revive our "Idependent Women's Club", where we meet on a regular basis without the men in our lives. So note to self, you are never alone.

Or Perhaps... another 2-prong approach. We should also all take tennis lessons together. One: We can have our ball bashing fun... Two: Our men will be dying to have us included in their games! :D

~ Lara ~

Anonymous said...

er...sorry!! obviously didnt have coffee when I wrote that :-p

yep! I second Lara...always good to pick up something NEW - keeps your adrenaline pumping and gives you topics with your other half!

YES!! Revive our Independent Women's Club (IWC)!!!!

When is the first meet?