Saturday 31 March 2007

My Quiet Saturday

Started the day feeling a little beat, as I was up the night before checking out the Virtual Reality program, "Second Life". Rather challenging with the creation and manoeuvring your character around in a virtual world. Nonetheless, it was an interesting experience! That's why I love technology! Always progressing and I'm always learning!

Headed for my usual workout with my trainer on Saturday mornings, and did I mention, it was darn gruelling. Having a personal trainer can be quite a good investment. In the past, I only hit the gym once a week or in two weeks. My visit at the gym is purely for their Body Combat classes. Other than that, the rest of whatever exist in there scares me (yes including some of the men there). I am always worried about how people will laugh at me if i perform the dumb bell exercise/routine wrongly or how do you even operate on the resistance machine and know which muscle group you're working out. Or worse, injuring yourself whilst training. Now, I'm glad, because I have definitely learnt much from him and I have even started designing my own training. :)

Decided to have some minestrone soup for lunch at my fave Soup Spoon. Wasn't about to indulge in Burger and Fries, especially after working hard at the gym. :P Came home and decided to help out with the chores. Yes I'm Miss Maria today...

I decided to help my folks clean the house. So I swept the house and cleaned the floor. Mind you, not with that 'Big Paint Brush' but went on my fours with a wet cloth and a bucket water with my special concoction of Detergents and Dettol. And each room gets their own fresh bucket of water and detergent concoction. No doubt, I am an utter clean freak. I then marched around the house for further cleaning and washing of dishes. All's done now and I'm in anticipation for my folks to be back from my brother's and experience the fresh, crisp scent that lingers in my apartment and notice that everything stands spic and span. Just when you start to think that since I have executed my chores with such pride and enthusiasm, and may need just this sort of calibre to help you with your chores, think again... I'm not for hire! :P

With Curly's away in Japan, this evening's dinner is a simple one. Cheese Sandwich with a warm cup of Milo. I would have had something more elaborate but my muscles are screaming "HALT!" to any form of bodily movement.

I miss my helper. She was the best helper that my family's ever had and tonight she would have cooked something for me. Oh well, till the arrival of my new helper, *shrugs* I guess this could be the same routine for next week again.

~ Lara ~

No comments: