Monday 23 April 2007

Two to Tango

Hung out with Paulette on Friday night since Kenneth Cole was sick (hmm who am I kidding? I would probably still have hung out with her even if he wasn't hee...). On the pretext of free-flow drinks at a a salsa club along the Tanjong Pagar area, I finally saw a different side of her that I've not seen before.

She's big on salsa, that much I know but I've never seen her in action. For a woman who constantly trips on her heels, spills drinks on herself and sometimes has food flying off her plate, figured her stilettos will be a danger to others on the dance floor.. or so I think. She's actually not bad.

It was pretty much a night of culture shock. First, you get evergreen folks dancing like it was 1984 (and being damn good at it). Second, everyone asks everyone to dance. You do not reject them on the excuse that they are fugly, you turn them down if you do not salsa (apparently they genuinely meant it when they ask you to dance, it is not a pick up line). Third, some of those peeps on the dance floor need to get a room..pronto! And fourth, you really feel like an idiot with two left feet in a wheelchair if you do not salsa. Thank gawd for the free-flow.

But it was a real eye-opener. And Paulette can really dance. And now I'm pretty psyched to pick it up just to see if I can cha-cha like the evergreen folks. In KC's delirious state, he actually said he's up for it if i really want to give it a go. He has no idea...

~SeamonkeY~

No comments: