Monday 23 April 2007

Baby Blues

My friends are all getting preggers, its like a epidemic. I'm not exactly feeling the love right now and it may be due to the fact that its almost the end of the month. Payday is so close and yet so far that I get a little grumpy counting my pennies. The guilt card is also dealt heavily as I try not to think about the too much fun I had this month. And what does being broke have to do with folks getting knocked up? A lot. I emailed some friends today that a gift has been bought for one of our mates who is due any day soon and it cost X amount of dollars. Out of the goodness of her heart, Choo wrote back and suggested we get something else when the mother pops -_-" I replied that the gift was accompanied by a complimentary water bottle (and in my head, hoping that that will suffice).

I'm so sick of people getting married, preggers etc that over lunch, I announced at the table that I should get knocked up first and people should buy me gifts. This isn't a case of my bio-clock ticking. As far as I know, mine has been dormant for a very long time. But at the rate these folks are going, statistics will show that I'm going to be the last one with my very own bundle and what's going to happen then? I'm going to end up with hand-me-downs. When you are asked to be a 'sister' at someone's wedding for the very first time, you go shopping for the dress like its your big day. When its the nth time of being a 'sister', you pick out the clothes you want to wear on the morning itself. Same theory. I'm going to end up with babies clothes that smell of spilled milk. Bleah.

I hate the end of the month.

~SeamonkeY~

No comments: