Tuesday 3 April 2007

My Confession

I have a rather sad confession... Yes, although I do have my fair share of suitors, but to date, I have yet to experience the feeling of 'having butterflies in my tummy' or even having my heart flutter or skip a beat. I have never even gone into any form of girlish giggles at the sight of the flowers I received or even the 'princess-like' treatments that happen now and then. True story, i kid you not. Some people to whom I've shared about this issue offered their bit of kind consolation (very spot-on, i'd say), "Well, perhaps you don't like them enough, or they are not your cup of tea."

But TODAY is significant for me... read on and you'll find out why:

Curly's been gone for 3 days. I've always been an independent person, so with Curly out-of-town, life goes on as usual for me. If you know me well, i'm always burst-pack with activities, so i'm never in the "ho-hum, what shall i do next" mode. Today, I got a little irritable (gd sign cos i'm starting to miss him) for two reasons. Firstly, I had 2 tix to the opening night of "Meet the Robinsons" which I had no one to go with and none of my friends were interested in animation flicks (Curly would!). Secondly, Curly didn't call me which i felt that he should at least call to say "Hi" (as opposed to the usual texting). So while I was playfully 'complaining' to my colleague that he didn't call me. Within the next 10 mins, in walked a delivery guy holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"I'm looking for *Lara*", said the delivery guy. I was darn shocked because I was thinking who could these flowers be from. They were indeed beautiful - A dozen of deep red roses (straight from Holland, as i understood) with pretty and unique fillers all nicely arranged together. I kept thinking they could be from Curly, but then again, he's not even in Singapore! As i was peeling off the envelope to the card with my bated breath (hoping that it was him), I had a very strange feeling, something took place from within... the butterflies were fluttering madly within my tummy and for the FIRST TIME! WOW! Ok no prizes for the right answer, yes, the sender's: Curly!!! :) Such effort just to show that he's thinking of me. Awww... Indeed, I was so touched! The whole experience was definitely strange but nice, weirdly telepathic but yet very beautiful! :)

Another significant thing to note is that, this is the second bouquet that i've received from Curly in less than a month. These bouquets made me smile and they truly brighten up my day. My feeling towards these flowers are definitely different from the other times i've had before. Not sure what this means but I'm definitely willing to explore further...

I deeply apologise if this entry is likened a sheer girlie banter written by of 'a young lass in love', perhaps, but please let me be... Trust me, you don't get Lara in this mode everyday.

And for me to write this entry sharing this experience with you, it goes to show that amidst the frosty and sometimes 'hard' exterior I have, there is a soft and girlie side to me after all. ;)

Ps. Yes, in the end, I went to the movie preview alone... but in cloud 9 mode. And as for the flowers, yes they came along and took the seat beside me! :P (It was meant to be for Curly, anyways!)

~ Lara ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He. Is. Good.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe... yeah, like i always tell him, 'there's never a dull moment' with him around. *hiaks*

~ Lara ~

Anonymous said...

for a guy who sends you flowers and cooks for you (and your frens).

wat else to ask for man!

go gal!