Sunday 8 April 2007

I'm A Happy Jelly Baby

My day started at 0600hrs with mum screaming at the top of her voice for me to "WAKE UP!". But I'm happy nonetheless, for a few reasons:

1. It's Easter Sunday! It's a significant day for Christians around the world.
2. I was also looking forward to having to host and lead my church's Sunday School Easter rally for kids!
3. But most of all... Curly's baaack from his Jap trip! (BOY... AM I GLAD!!!)

Met Curly this eve (yes i've been out the entire day and was awfully beat), BUT, somehow the thought of having to see him after 1 entire week gave me the 'strength' to pull through the drive to his place. Hehe, when i got to finally meet him, I felt as though I was like a little girl squealing in excitement and waiting in anticipation of her favourite Cartoon mascot appearance (not that i'm saying he's Barney, the Purple Dino), yet i think my ego got the better of me and I carefully concealed those feelings, and so i greeted him as per my normal cool self. Darn it... kicked myself. OK, so i'm taking baby steps to learn how to be like a girl (trying my best)... very quickly thereafter hugs + kisses followed. Heh... *blush*

Spent some time exploring the stashes he got for himself, listening about his trip and looking through some of the pics. Nice! Then it got to the more exciting part, the stashes he got for me! :)

1. 2 x Hip hop head bands (very trendy!)
2. 5 x Blueberry gums (My Mate Cc got this for me from her last trip to Jap and it got me hooked.)
3. Hot fuchsia pink Le Coq Sportif polo (Which btw, fits like a dream!)
4. Finally... a tin of White/Dark Choc biscuits that are also known as "White Beloved Ones". (Excuse me all, this is no ordinary choc biscuit, once you sink your teeth into this amazing pastry, PLEASE observe that moment of SILENCE!!!)

(Note: He also bought some for my family, effort to 'bribe' my family members scored him bonus brownie points tonight, as they enjoyed the biscuits over a cup of Ocha.)

You really have to check this choc biscuit out, remember if you're ever in Japan, this is a MUST-BUY item. No need to be in Hokkaido, just need to buy it off Narita Airport. Cannot afford a trip there? Buy online: http://www.shiroikoibito.ishiya.co.jp/english/index.html

You know at the end of the day, it wasn't about the gifts he got for me. But it was his presence that really mattered and made me smile. :)


~ Happy Lara ~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem ahem.. where is my offerings? did i not try my utmost to save his ass while he was away? so have you asked that telecommunications question yet? haha

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! hmm...shucks do i get a cut for doing nothing?

Anonymous said...

uh, seamonkey...thanks for saving me arse and can we take that question offline?! for that, you're cordially invited to my crib for a sukiyaki meal together with KC. well, the offer's open to you too, rene and 6th sense! what say u guys?

curlymoe :)

Anonymous said...

yes, sure sure. pick a date and make sure your blender can whisk ice too? im making margaritas.

Anonymous said...

Sure curly...throw us the date (we know you will be busy these two weeks *hint*hint*), we will be there, rain shine thunder lightning earthquake tsunami!

we will be armed with some "good stuffs"...Kp's thinking about it now :=p

Anonymous said...

Ahh... very nice to see my mates so pally with the bf. :) Oh man, the sukiyaki session is gonna be way cool manz! :P

~ Lara ~