Wednesday 4 April 2007

Amazing Love

Was down with cold, sore throat and slight fever yesterday. Its rarely that I fall sick, but it must have been some virus that is spreading in the office.

Croaking in painful voice box, body aching all over - It definitely didnt feel good to be lying at home and nursing myself to recovery. Doesnt help when you have a mum who goes "eh I cooking curry vegetable today lei, never mind lah hor, you just eat a little, I cook with lesser chilli".

Oh well. What can I say. But in anyway, I am never that kind who will discipline myself to eat the right stuffs when I am sick. "Yi du gong du" :-p

Doctor KP met me in the night. We had dinner near his place - I didnt have appetite at all, so a small bowl of desserts is all I stomached" We went over to his place and he did the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my whole life :-)

He took out the pot, put in the herbal liang teh ingredients and started reading to me the description on the container, like what it contains, what it does and what its for and that its good for my cough...blah blah blah.

Was I listening? Er no....I was simply overjoyed! Sneeking gentle peeks at him as he added water into the pot. His gentleness and his sweet concern made me feel a deep sense of warmth and security! Boy, aint I the most fortunate woman on earth!! :-) Seriously, no guy has ever ever boil "liang teh" for me in all my 30 years (29 to be exact)!!! How did it feel? Wondering how come I so underprivileged in my past few relationships?! =p

Oh well. The past doesnt matter anyway now!

He took my temperature while I lie there like an obedient child, sneeking occasional peeks at him as he presses the buzzing thermometer. Still amazed.

Still overjoyed.

~6th Sense

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sure pays to be sick once in a while :)

Anonymous said...

you're sick and you went over? tsk tsk ;p

Ribena, SeamonkeY, Lara and 6th Sense said...

Ya man, sick still go and brave the 'outside' world filled with other viruses? Tsk tsk

HAHA...

~ Lara ~

Anonymous said...

love conquers all ma.. hehe