Monday 30 April 2007

Lara's Irritabilities

Was on half-day MC today, due to quite a bad case of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). In all honesty, i really don't know how the symptoms me vomiting, feeling weak and a heavy head amount to "IBS". But then again, i'm not the one with the Medicine degree, so "OK Doc, you win!"

Actually come to think of it, more than just purely having "Irritable..." for a physical condition, it got to me on the emotional and mental front.

Feeling quite irritable of late... sh***y work commitments, weird men and their rather 'indecent' requests plus bro telling me that maybe it's time that I should be "changing my bait". The only well 'person' or 'thing' that could make me feel better was Josh Groban. Never thought i'll live to feel this way, but honestly there is something about his voice. That deep, mellowness with that much of dreaminess sweep me away to a 'world' that i hardly know. Each time i listen to him croon, i get transported into my own world of Neverneverland. And apparently i'm not the only one who digs Josh Groban... of late, mum was mesmerised by him too... just last week, "American Idol Gives Back" show featured Josh Groban singing "You Raise Me Up". She was like "Girl... who's this guy? He's got such a beautiful voice." Like Mother like daughter, I was like "Mum you like him too? Heheh... I LOVE HIM!" And we both stayed glued to the TV till his gig was over, both transported into our own Neverneverlands...

Oh yes, about me "changing my bait", this brother of mine... sometimes i question if he's really my brother in kind. He attributed the reason for me attracting, meeting or ending up with the wrong kind of men is largely due to the way i look.

Here's an account of our teleconversation:

Bro: Do you know why you've been ending up with the wrong kind of men? You're like someone that guys will like to bring and be seen hanging out in a club with but definitely not someone that a guy would bring home to mum. (Note to reader: I know what you're thinking, but trust me, pls discount 40% of that previous statement.)

Lara: *Speechless* What???

Bro: You're like an accessory next to their fast car.

Lara: Kor, Eh, please don't make me sound so sleazed up.... i'm definitely far from it.

Bro: Ya, you are far from it on the inside, but on the outside you look like a cheongster! So if you were to tone down your outward appearance and look simpler and more like a plain jane, you will watch the nice men flock to you.

My response to that? Of course not! If i were to do that, it will not be a true reflection of my character. Well partially "vanity" but if i have to explain myself, dressing up and make up are my forms of expressing my own individualism and creativity. I relish each day when i get to work the different looks and have it all nicely blended to a T... that's Lara for you. Even when it comes to work, i prefer words, colours, graphics, marketing as opposed to numbers and indices... so thank God i transferred out from "Banking & Finance" whilst I still had the chance.

Anyway, irritabilities aside... just wanted be alone over the weekend, so i thought. Only manage to achieve time alone on saturday where it was spent working out, cleaning the house and watching the "200 Pound beauty" alone (VERY Hilarious, def a good pick-me-up). On Sunday... well after church it was baby sitting FULL-ON.

Hmmm tomorrow's Labour day, will be hanging out with CC. Feel really blessed to have very good friends like CC and the other 3 "mary jane" musketeers of mine around.

~ Lara ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Did the quack make it up because he was having the Monday blues? Must say that its a pretty innovative term for stating the obvious.

I can only come up with the lame ones:
Fever = PHT (Persistent High Temperature)
Flu = ABS (Annoying Bug that wouldnt Shoo)

Anonymous said...

wat ur bro says sound familiar - gerald said that before!

dont defy the research results, or get some more results to minimise error??

restrategise?

reposition?

heeee.....it makes sense lara!

Anonymous said...

Yes Josh Groban

check ot the song he did with Celine Dion "The Prayer"

touching song.....very very nice