Friday 22 June 2007

Weddings and the "Pink Dress"

First ups! CONGRATS to my dearest Sea Monkey & KC! I'm super duper happy for the couple and but i'm more happy for my dearest gf! I love her to bitz and just ecstatic at such great news! 6th Sense... Jia you, you're next! :D

OK back to ME... I MIA-ed for quite awhile because I've been utterly busy with finishing up my last backlog at work and juggling with choreographing a dance for my gf's wedding come July. EVERYONE's getting maaweeed... Anyways, i'm on a 2 week break! Yes i'm finally moving on to a NEW JOB come July. :) I'm both anxious and excited about it. But i know that all will be cool, cos my Big Daddy up there will help me through...

A week of my break's just flew past, i've been meeting up with my pals for lunches and teas, plus having to go scout around for a PINK dress!!! Urgh! In all honesty, if you know me, PINK's not ME! Lara is far from your 'sweetie pie' type of girl... don't like soft toys and PINK is not my colour! But what to do? I've been asked to be one of the 'sistas' for my gf's wedding and the theme's PINK! Ya, so it's been an entire week of walking through the various malls and boutiques having to look for that dress... so in short shopping. It's only be 6 days to be exact doing the Lunch/tea/shopping thing... I'm already bored to tears! I'm tired! And i seriously can't wait for my new job to start! I seriously don't know how these "Tai tais" do their thing, you know? For them it's probably like ok, 12 noon @ the nail parlour; 2 to 4pm @ Tea with gfs; 4 to 5pm @ salon etc etc... GOSH! Doesn't seem to do very much for the brain cells, i think... Sorry, please let me biatch abit, i've been having too much angst mustered within from the "Pink Dress Hunt"!

So have i found my PINK dress? Well YES... from a local fashion brand but it needs a couple more touches on it though before it will be perfect. I nearly got myself a HOT FUCHSIA PINK dress from ZARA, BUT, when i saw it worn on some infotainment on TV by some MSU finalist this evening, i was like "OK NEXT!"

And oh... i have never eaten more fattening food more than i have had for these 6 days, afternoon teas (cakes, ice cream) and more good food... all these does NOTHING for my waistline... :( That's probably one of the reasons why i should start work soon and yes, i'm definitely gonna be on my diet tomorrow!

BTW, whilst walking to meet my bro-in-law this eve, i got talent scouted by a model agent! (i was careful to make sure that it wasn't the scam agency that i knew about) :D Gosh, it's been awhile! Kinda reminded me of my 'hay days' when i was at poly... *hiaks* So did i take the namecard? Er no (no time la)... But i was seriously flattered and it made my day! :)

~ Lara ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you thank you...ribena's back on 3 july. meet up then! :)