Monday 21 April 2008

Who impressed me today...

Stress... don't you just hate that word? I'm suffering the repercussions of "Stress" now, having rashes on my neck and body.

I work in an interesting and "colorful" company, filled with "colorful" characters and not to mention, their "colorful" language... where the F-word seems almost as pleasant as "Hey...Gd morning, you look nice today!". A more recent update was that we actually had this as a point on a deck, and i quote "profanities are allowed here". Goodness me... i really wish people will stop swearing, it'll just make the world better place to live in.

Back to my "colorful" company... i am always interested to see how other men treat their women, be it gf or wives. And i guess to date, i can quite safely say, i know who the wonderful gentlemen are. :)

I bumped into one such gentlemen at the lift whilst on my way down the building. Hardly really speak to him, but my sources have told me that he can be really hot-headed and has quite the temper when it comes to work. When it comes to love, he's like a softie and is like the sweetest to his gf. Even when he's hard at a discussion with his team, if and when his gf calls, he picks up, tells her politely that he's at a discussion and will call her back later. I mean, the men who actually does that these days are far and few between.

Anyway, the conversation went like this:

Lara: Hi! Going back ah?
Man: Um, not really... i'm going for a drink.
Lara: *Raise eyebrows* Wah, so much energy, after such a long day at work, not tired still need to go and 'entertain'?
Man: Actually I AM tired... but my gf is meeting her friends. So i'll like to be there. Duty calls...
Lara: OH man, i think you're really sweet.
Man: I think so too... Ok here's my stop, taaa....

Okkaay... this may sound simple enough but all i can say is, given the industry that i'm in, and knowing what sort of person he is, I'm impressed.

~ Lara ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.