Wednesday 9 April 2008

Well... can't think of any title for this... so Shoot me!

Previously Lara was caught up in her own world, now that she's back... Actually, she doesn't know if she's really back... Ok, she's now confused.

Met Seamonkey for a couple of drinks earlier (I guess it's now more convenient :D ), anyways, it's always wonderful to be able to engage in some girly banter now and then. So on my way to Seamonkey, I dropped by at MAC to buy zoomlash (the mascara)... and for marketers who totally endorse the whole social networking scene, i have to say this... MAC ZoomLash totally ROCKS! Retailed at only $21 but for me it's the best brand of mascara in SG.

Background to this... I'm trying my best to be a wise steward of my money, so i'm trying not to splurge on make-up or beauty products. Ok, products concerned... a mascara and a btl of shampoo.

Case 1: Mascara
- Went to Guardian and got suckered in to buying a Maybelline branded mascara. Yes, thanks to the stupid sign that says "Japan's No. 1 Best Seller". Ok fine... spent about less than $15 for it. So the next morning, i tried it...and it TOTALLY FAILED ME.
- As if one bad experience with a cheap brand wasn't enough, i had to go try another. Loreal's latest telescopic range of mascara. Forked out another $10-odd, only to find that it wasn't looking like Penelope Cruz's lashes, and it seemed as tho i had nothing on my lashes. So totally failed as well...

Moral of the story: Forget about saving and stick to my trusted brand, it's still cheaper than doing your own 'market research' on the other cheaper alternatives.

Case 2: Shampoo
- I have this diva friend who totally digs supermarket brands of shampoo. As most would know i can't use supermarket brands and only use salon brands. It's not that i'm spoilt, i really don't have a choice.
- So she recommended me to use Loreal Elseve. I've just started using my 2nd bottle of the shampoo and it's starting to cause my hair to drop and flakes starting to appear on my scalp. Being someone with already having weak root problem, I cannot allow this to happen. I mean, it will be a total disaster if i potentially end up looking like a cancer patient so young!
- Since then, i've caved in to buying my trusted brand of Kerastase and Rene Futerer (works esp well if you've got weak roots problem).

Moral of the story: You need to know how your body works. To each his/her own, if you can't take cheap products, don't. Some things are not worth saving the $$ for.

Ok... i'm tired now.

Signing out...
~ Lara ~

No comments: