Thursday 10 April 2008

McGriddles...My lil fun experience...

I've been having a pregnated craving (in the figuritive sense, silly) for McDonald's breakfast since I last saw the standee with the McGriddles Poster a week ago. McGriddles is essentially your hotcakes meet sausage McMuffin (Seriously! Just nd to replace the Muffin bun with hotcakes bun). For those who love sweet and salty type food (like SeaMonkey), well this could possibly be your thing.

To me, the McDonald's brand and food speaks of FUN. And you have to take your hat off the McD's peeps... and possibly bow in awe "we are not worthy" when it comes to branding and product development and innovation. McGriddles to me is the perfect example. I absolutely had no idea what it was to begin with, all i know was that "McGriddles" sounded FUN. So that sparked my curiosity and triggered that 'pregnated' craving within the foodie in me. And even though when i unwrapped the McGriddles, sausage with egg, the hotcake bun was quite soggy, i didn't mind it. To me the whole experience was fun to the max.

Did i like the taste? It was not too bad. Would I eat it again? Probably not, the sweet/salty thing is really not quite my thing. I'll stick with my usual Egg McMuffin. But hey, when it comes to personal preference and taste, it's highly subjective.

Ps. Did you know? McD's write press releases about every single new burger they introduce to the market. It was fun when i was doing their PR many yrs back.

~ Lara ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i forgot whats the US-equivilent of mcgriddles called. It sure sounds like the sweet-salty item I had in NY. Must go try this weekend.