Monday 6 August 2007

Space Invaders

Today is the first day that my sister and brother-in-law have moved back in with us. I'm all behind the reason why they moved back and for the bigger picture at hand, I hope they do stay put here for the next 9 months or so. For the folks who ever wished their older siblings would hurry up and moved out, them moving back in again is a big thing. I'm one of those and its just strange how the little things I take for granted can't be freely executed now.

Practising what The Secret preaches (think positive), here are some observations I've made since reaching home 2 hours ago:
- I am not good at sharing bathrooms. Sharing hotel bathrooms with others are fine since it is always temporary and bathrooms get magically cleaned up by efficient but elusive housekeepers. I spent half my shower time yesterday cleaning out the grime on the toiletries rack and the bottles for fear they would appear icky. The toiletries rack is now overflowing with bunch of stuff I dun even recognise (The Secret in me thinks: Now you can try out a whole new bunch of products)

- I probably can't waffle as much as I want to around the house. For those who knows me well, I can waffle even while doing housework. Depending on whats on TV, doing laundry or dishes would take me a good hour (during CSI "the original"). Cleaning my room (and this is the basic picking up of loose items on floor, stacking up mags and books, changing of sheets, emptying the basket) would use up another hour (Heroes). Another half hour (30 Rock) is spent on preparing for stuff for work next day and another half hour (30 mins of House) for night time beauty regime. I can't waffle as much as I now relinquish 100% control of the remote control (The Secret in me thinks: The extra time spent non-waffling cant be used for constructive matters like uploading more useless items for sale on Yahoo Auctions).

- For the lack of better terms, my "Mello's Melons" won't be able to get out much. Kenneth Cole told me its rude to point so I have to abstain from it in the house from now on (The Secret in me thinks: More back support?)

The good thing is I saw my dad sitting around the den hanging out with my sis and brother-in-law after dinner. I'm all for them staying.

~SeamonkeY~

No comments: