Thursday 23 August 2007

My Work Personality Profile

Always been fascinated with Personality checks. Not because I dont know myself well but its just amazing to spot inaccuracies or wrong analysis and marvel at how they can guess some things right. And there is the last question of "Am I like that?" - those are moments of self discovery.

Thats what amazes me with Personality Checks.

So this company that has been interviewing me gave me a personality test to test how I am, when it comes to work. First up, at work and after work, I can be slightly different. Always happen for most people. Guess I have worked long enough to know how one has to defend and protect oneself at work, make harmony with all colleagues if possible, should some not gel with you, its okie cos no one can have chemistry with the entire company, just smile to everyone (even though you dislike them) and be a nice person to every person who is nice to you, be firm and if need be, be nasty to people who might take advantage of you or "harm" you and of course, when needed, be more agressive and show some unfriendliness when needed to "put enemies in place".

Its all a case of be nice, and be nasty when you need to.

So here's my personality profile at work :

6th Sense Self Image and at Work
- Accurate and precise. Positive and proactive approach
- Though detailed oriented, you may appear disorganized and can become bored and frustrated if tasks are routine and repetitive
- Not aggressive by nature
- Not confrontational and antagonistic
Irene Chia’s Behaviour under Pressure
- Become quieter (depends. If I am faced with time pressure and people dont give me what I need, my decibels can hit higher!) heeeeeee...........
- Increased dominance to become more direct (short term change)
6th Sense is motivated by security and compliance to standard operating procedures. (makes me sound so compliant in nature, eh, I think I am more of a rule breaker lei) Enjoys democratic relationships and recognition for a job well done.
Describing Words: Friendly, Outgoing, Mobile, alert, cautious, detailed, precise, accurate, defensive, non-aggressive, anxious, social

~6th Sense (red means disagree, all else agree)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you not worried that if you post your thoughts on looking for another job, and someone from your company actually sees this and word starts getting around?

Anonymous said...

no one has my blog address, except for one colleague - who doesnt check my blog at all. She doesnt save my blog on her favourites also.