Saturday 11 August 2007

No more Jon for me :(

11 Aug marks my last personal training session. I gave it my best shot today within my limit... i was so darn surprised at myself to have go through the arduous regime quite without feeling the pain (Quote from Jon my trainer, "You are not a beginner anymore, you can push yourself to do more.). Don't get me wrong, i'm far from the softie or a weakling who shrills / complains when jon adds in more weights. Each time, I go into the gym with just one focus "No Pain, No Gain... so shuddup and train!"

What was more painful to me with the thought that today will be my last time with Jon as my trainer. What will do without my trainer? Who's going to motivate me? Who's gonna teach me new exercises to help tone me up? Thoughts flew about my mind, as i followed my trainer around the various exercise stations.... whilst hearing him complain about a 'painful' customer. He's much become like a friend to me. Even though i give him Hell for always asking me to wear shorts to train with him. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy and doesn't have any ill intentions, just he's not quite seen me in casual wear other than my nike gym gear, and is comfortable with me as a friend.

Back to the physical training bit... i guess to make me feel better, i have to go back to my main objectives for getting a trainer.

a. To understand my body. I really wanted to know my physical problem areas, is it my thigh, back, tummy etc. And to learn from the trainer what i should be doing.
b. To get through my fear of the machines and weights and to really KNOW how to use them.
c. To train my core muscles so that i would be effective as a dancer.

d. To understand all of the above so that i can start crafting my own regime.

Hence the investment of time and money... So did i achieve the objectives? I certainly have. And i've learnt so much from him. I guess right now, it all boils down to me having to discipline myself and to really start doing my own thing.

Speaking of discipline... *Lara pops in Orange Dark Choc biscuits + Rum and raisin chocs!* Such is life! :D

~ Lara ~


No comments: