Saturday 21 July 2007

Say It With Music

I happened to tune in to a dedication programme tonight on a radio station and got reminded me the reason why I do not listen to such programmes anymore.

The caller who called in was a tertiary student cramming for a chemistry paper. Within 2 minutes of the chat with the DJ, I got to learn that he is an aspiring actor with a passion in arts, stuck in the science stream and was in a limbo on how to have his cake and eat it too. I also learnt that he was alone at home and he went to school in the morning to finish up ‘stuff’. The DJ kindly entertained him by giving advice but was that a “roll-eye” in his voice I imagined?

It must be tough to listen to similar sounding dedications all night long, especially on a Saturday night. Bet DJs sometimes wish to receive a call that starts with the question “Which is your favourite scary movie?” in a sinister voice. I wonder if DJs make fun of dedication callers as they chug down beer with mates after their shift?

~Seamonkey~

No comments: