Monday 9 July 2007

Argh...the title field is not working? Is anyone else having the same problem?

Anyway, I broke the news to my folks. Didn't think I was going to say it out now but it was a spur of the moment thing. Another reason for not breaking the news to them now was that I figured I wouldn't have answers to any of the questions they might fire at me. What I didn't expect was that my parents were so laid back about it – guess it runs in the family.

After breaking the news ever-so-subtly,
Father: (paused) There's pineapple in the fridge.
Mum: Ok (went back to sleep)

Yep, definitely runs in the family.

~SeamonkeY~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

two possibilities

1) your parents believe u make your own choice, so your announcement was FYI

2) they feel he is the rite one, and naturally expected it to happen

thats why they are so nonchalent abt it.

good news.

u wouldnt enjoy parents who question you "are you sure" "are you sure"....cos that sometimes make a person unsure even tho u were pretty sure (u know wat I mean).

Unknown said...

oh.. thats so sad...
there's pineapple in the fridge??

at least he didn't throw the pineapple at you...

Anonymous said...

why don't u do it again. And see if it's still "there's pineapple in the fridge". :P

ribena

Anonymous said...

pineapple's all gone. there is only dragonfruit now.

im kinda glad he did the furit thing instead of asking questions.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm... Wow! It'll be really strange if the same thing happens to me, cos you know my parents... :D But yea, i tend to agree with rene. Maybe they really think u're big enough to make your own decision. :) And Hooray about having fruits in the fridge, but i'm just curious what they are going to say if there aren't any fruits in the fridge. :D

~ Lara ~