Sunday 6 January 2008

New York, In Love

I only buy books at airports for long flights and since there is still an outstanding fine from the National Library Board since 1992, my current reading materials are now limited to stuff lying around the house – and its quite a fair bit given that my sis stays over pretty often nowadays.

My sis is still hung up about New York since her 3-months love affair with the Big Apple more than ten years ago so its not strange that she is still reading the New York magazine regularly now. I do think I would be as hung up as her if I had been there for a longer while (oddly like the idea that it is one of the very few cities in States that encourage you to walk instead of driving everywhere) but for whatever that I had experience in New York in that short span of time, it was enough to entice me for repeated visits in time to come (fingers crossed!)



In the meantime, I have the year-end double issue of New York magazine that has dished up the third edition of reasons to love NY to be contended with. I'm at #27 and it's a lovely article of how couples who have met on the infamous subway and lived happily ever after http://nymag.com/news/articles/reasonstoloveny/2007/42047/ All the more reason to love New York. Why can't our MRT be like that?

~SeamonkeY~

No comments: