Saturday 19 January 2008

I am Amazed

..at how men get fascinated with tools, screws, nuts and bolts and all that circuitry stuff. Anything that test their handyman or mobile skills get their adrenaline shot up to the highest brain cell.

I am sitting now, as I pen in this girly diary of ours, at the infamous rc track at Queenstown. Infamous for "stealing" boyfriends and husbands from the women who wish they were the remote control the man turn twist and manoevre all the time.

Sitting here, watching the adrenaline boys changing tyres, coming back frm the track wide eyed sweating profusely and grinning from ear to ear then turning serious to prepare for the next race, its an eye-opener. These boys, dont need drugs to get high.

As I see cables lying all over the soon-to-fall apart wooden table, boxes of screws and what nots, and the woman who gather around the table with their kids and cleo magazine, me with the IBM. I think such is the meaning of compromise, which I am beginning to understand.

You can only wish you were their remote control. For now, I am just satisfied sitting here learning psychological behaviours and seeking compromise with the man, the BOY I mean.

~6th Sense

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be their remote control? no way!

Anonymous said...

two ways of interpretating be their remote control

1) as a noun, to be the "item" they interact with all the time

2) as a verb, to be controlled by them. they hold our remote that is

3) as a verb, to be their remote control but the control lies in my hands.

leave it to you to guess which was my interpretation

heee :-)

Anonymous said...

(1) just sounds sick... if you get what I mean