Friday 11 January 2008

In Transit

6th Sense posed a hypothetical scenario to me which I in turn, raised with Kenneth Cole.

Job A pays 3XXX, offers the same scope of works you are doing now, is in the music/entertainment industry. Job B pays 4XXX, again offers the same scope, but for a completely different (read: boring) product.

SeamonkeY: Which job do you think I will take?
KC: Based on your track records, Job A.

SY: But which job SHOULD I take?
KC: (pause) $4XXX… professional engineers sometimes don’t even make that much you know.
SY: So your answer is B then?
KC: Yah.. it is $4XXX. Job B.

SY: So what’s the job to take as a fair decision for both of us?
KC: (even longer pause) Hmmm....Job A lah. I don’t want you to come back every night and bitch about work. Big house but empty. You need to be happy.

I’m very glad I made the biggest decision of my life based on a really good pair of shoes.

~SeamonkeY~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say if the 3K amount is not far off from the 4K i'd rather you go for the 3K job. Music & Entertainment is your passion. That said, if the amt is far off, i'd rather you go for the 4K job. But do ascertain that the scope is indeed the same as what you're doing now. That said, co is also very impt. MNCs are always good for portfolio building.

luv
Lara

Anonymous said...

i strongly believe in pursueing something that will bring you fulfilment in what you do. u being u, i believe will go for the 3k :)

Anonymous said...

yeah...but i'm just waiting for the REAL offers to come in first. If only its as easily solvable as the hypothetical ones.

Anonymous said...

KC makes sense no point a big home and a grouchy wife.

As long as there's food in mouth, roof over the top, enough for mini luxuries along the way, thats ok.

Having said that, for me one without much of a back-bone, i will go for 4K and try not to bitch (much). If I end up bitching too much, before it breaks my relationship I will just resign and go. Thats me, always wanting to test right to the limit.

The down-side, too much strains on the rs, by the time I resign, will the relationship be "save-able?"

Dont know. Havent been there.

Still like KP's way of life. Think like a man (aka your R&R starts at 6pm) and you will be happier.

Still trying to do that!