Tuesday 30 October 2007

Blessed to have friends...

I use to think that friends aren't that important. I learnt my independence from friends at a tender age of 8 where I was terribly osctricised due to a variety of reasons. Perhaps I was an ugly duckling and over-weight. I never quite fit in to any group. And also perhaps, I was too matured for my own good. I didn't understand the whole meaning behind "Eh, let's not friend so-and-so! If you want to friend her, you're not our friend." I'm like Huh? So childish one ah... So yeah, wasn't quite able to be on the same page with most people my age. I remembered that i use to come home crying to mum thinking that there's something sorely wrong with me, of why nobody loves me... I remembered mum just hugged me and told me what's most impt is that God loves me and my family loves me. The rest, nevermind... Oh well time passed i toughened up... to what i am today.

I would say that i'm pretty strong in my own right. I use to even think that even if i'm the only one in this world and i don't have any friends, i'll still be able to survive. And to certain extent, some guys lament that i'm too much like a guy, my strength and independence is overbearing for them to handle. So ok, i learn and change to someone a lil softer. To start to let guys lead in terms of a relationship, to stop wearing the pants etc. I guess i've caved in too much that with the recent break-up, i experienced quite a fair bit of the 'pain'.

Back to my initial point, "Friends". This post celebrates the beauty of "Friendship". That i'm glad that i've got friends supporting me and are constantly behind my back to make sure that i'm ok. Although the person that i really wish shd be in the picture but is not, i'll leave that out for the time being... i really shouldn't be too dependent on that person.

Bottomline, Friends are important no matter what and they are my true gems. I feel totally blessed that they are my Friends for life!

Ps. Feeling much better already. Starting to be a lil more cheery... Thks to you guys!

~ Lara ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes

took me some time to realise fren's importance as well.

tell u wat, woman are 'talkers' in nature, man can only take that many words a day from their woman, the woman must have other fellow woman to absorb the remaining...hahaa

in anyway...woman and woman bond feels rejuvenating. woman to bf or husband bond feels secured.

we both need security and rejuvenation in our emotional health

then not to forget, human need divinity as well, so thats where talking to God also necessary.

everyone gives you different emotional well being and you need them ALL