Tuesday 27 February 2007

Strange encounters with the male kind

Living in the 21st century, it's amazing to see how technology has infiltrated in all areas of our lives. Over the years, we have seen how technology has even crept into the LOVE arena. Ok, for the purpose of this thought penning, let's not go into the whole mambo jambo of how young girls get tricked by some dirty old men, etc. We have to admit however, there have been many success stories of people finding love online which finally end up in marriage.

Being a rather positive person, i take a very open view of the whole "Online dating" issue. To me, Online dating is just another avenue to meet people, as you would at the supermarket, bookstore, club or other social gatherings. That said, and I STRESS, pls do your background check on the other before you start to click "Reply" to his mail. But of course, at times, you'll get "strange encounters with the male kind".

Here's just one incident:

A couple of months ago, i 'met' GL. We exchanged a couple of mails and chatted online on a few occasions.

Findings this guy were:
- Presentable looking
- Fairly intelligent
- Rather chatty
- Seemed to have a nice character

Yes we met for lunch ONLY ONCE. Since then, we had on-off chats online, exchanged a couple of smses. Never had any telephone conversations. Guess what? Just 2 days ago, this guy actually pinged me and said that he really "wished" that i was his girlfriend. I was like HUH? But you hardly even know me, dude!!! Plus you have done nothing to try to 'get-to-know' me.

His response was: "Sometimes you don't have to really get to know a person that well before you get together with her. People who know each other all their lives, they get married and they get divorced anyway. I can see myself long term with you and i know you are right for me."

(He then continued relentlessly on why we should be together and all.) -> What bull!

My response: "Get a life, and go find someone your way elsewhere!"

Tip: Be firm and don't ever fall for the 'sweet honey-coated' words. Distant yourself from the guy immediately. You'll never know if he's actually a psychopath.

Ewwww...


~ Lara ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh, I will stay away and far far away.

Still not a believer of online dating.

Online = Sex

Anonymous said...

Lara,

I'm very sorry to see this posting.

As you can probably tell, my sources have led me to your blog, of which have revealed much of your very attractive persoanality to me.

When I said people who know each other all their lives end up married and divorce, I was actaully referencing to my own experiences -- with my sister, cousin, and nanny.

And of course I feel that I know you enought o proceed to the "next stage" with you. You have impeccable teeth, you have a strong, child-bearing physique, and.. yes that's all I need to know. Not very different from looking at racehorses.

So Lara, kindly reconsider my very sincere, once-in-a-lifetime offer to leap off into relationshipdom with me, your pixelated-knight-in-a-shining-armour, online-captain-of-your-heart, fast-fingered-sms/keyboard maestro, and not-a-pyscho-just-"crazy"-in-love-with-you-"catch my clever wordplay".

(Whew, my fingers are tired. let me massage them.)

Call me Lara. But don;t make me wait too late or I'll start torturing my mobile phone by plucking buttons of it, one by one, by one.

Love always,

GL

Anonymous said...

Lara, you should at least give GL some credit for one thing -- a sense of humour.

That is funny.

Anonymous said...

man, you have to give this dude points for trying.

Anonymous said...

Jaw drop.. speechless... GL, u deserve more than just points...

Ribena, SeamonkeY, Lara and 6th Sense said...

Hi Anonymous aka GL,

Thank you for your 'once-in-a-lifetime offer'...

Tell me what was the colour of my top that i wore when we went out on that just one date? Reason being: My instincts tell me that u're not the guy i met. :P

Lara

Anonymous said...

Agree with seamonkey, this guy deserves more than just points. He deserves a spanking.

Wait, he probably likes that too. Damn.

Still, the funniest thing I've read today. :D