Sunday 25 February 2007

East Meets West

Last night was yet another eventful family night. Where East meets West... Chinese-speaking relatives meets English-French relatives-in-laws....stress

Was i afraid my dad would spout nonscence? YES!
Was I afraid my parents would burst into an outlash of words with each other? YES!
Was I afraid that my cousins would not be able to fit in with my sis-in-law & bro-in-law? YES!
Was I afraid that my non-english speaking uncles would feel out of place? YES!

Dinner was served at 7pm... food was great! Sri-Lanka Chillie Crab and Masala Chicken was a hit with everyone. Apple crumble was a lil watery but it tasted yummilicious nonetheless.

Accidents of the night:
1. Dad raised voice at mum when everyone was seated around the garden table. Bro-in-law must be stressed.

2. God-pa spilled red wine all over the white laced table cloth and cushioned chair.

The saving graces:
1. 5 year-old cousin said "This house is like a palace".
2. Everyone was all praise for the food served.
3. Sis-in-law bought a HUGE bouquet of flowers for my mum.

Am I looking forward for another such gathering? NO.

Struggles of a newly-wed Ribena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..Murphy's Law.

Bet you guys have done ur best!