Saturday 10 May 2008

Yesterday Once More

Last night was a night of nostalgia as McGracie and I trudged down memory lane (i.e. places where we have not been in years), heard old music, and bumped into old friends and nemesis.

We began at Tonkichi – the last meal I had there was in the late ‘90s? The fry was still as good but prices have gone up by 30% since I was last there! Still, free-flow of cabbage and rice remains. In fact, we spotted a lady who went diligently around tables with a giant puff-up ball of shredded cabbage. It’s a scam really; the vegetable is just there to make you feel slightly healthier about yourself. And then you indulge in more fry.

During dinner conversation, McGracie was told that Sparks disco had been converted to a high-end Chinese restaurant. Disbelieving me, we set out to locate it on Level 7 at Ngee Ann City and never found the Sparks-in-Chinese-restaurant-clothing. It’s like it was never there. We welcome all those who have information on its whereabouts.

Passing by The Sub next, The Great Spy Experiment happened to be playing after the screening of Control, the film on Ian Curtis. We went in to catch the last few songs and to hear Saiful and gang masquerading as Joy Division by requesting everyone to go to myspace and facebook to look for them. Cute.

Sweltering in the black box’s heat, McGracie spotted L, her ex-boyfriend’s ex-fling which makes L, McGracie’s ex-nemesis. What probably made it worse was that L didn’t even break into a sweat even though she was in a leather jacket. “On my gawd, she is still into all these stuff? Even Al has moved on to become a mother.” said McGracie. Al is another ex-fling of her ex-boyfriend.

And to end the night, we met En, my old director and mutual LMF-fanzi after the performance. En went on and on about the last LMF gig we caught in JB and the shows we used to stage. And now I have to invite him to the wedding.

I’m rambling I know, but last night got me thinking that I used to have more fun. Would paying a mortgage, deciding on a wall colour and sharing a bed with KC kill everything else?

~SeamonkeY~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No babe... on the contrary, it will enhance your life. A much fuller life!

And um, and dun put the someone the same table as me... It will be awkward! :P

~ Lara ~