Sunday 11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to wish all mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day!

We had quite a special sunday service at church today, specially dedicated to all mothers. To Honor, to encourage and to appreciate them, being the selfless mother and wife to their family.

Indeed, being a mother is not easy. And there is definitely no 10-year series, white papers to read or training for this job. You will just have to take it when it comes.

I thank God for my mother. Much as sometimes I am frustrated with her, but she never gave up loving me, taking care of me and guiding me through my years of life. She's my friend, my pillar of strength and a role model that I can mirror after. I guess much as she draws strength from me, I feed off her strength as well. Thanks to her, even tho there are quite a fair bit of 'storms' i went through recently, she's been there with me to tide me through. I will never forget the time she's spent nurturing me and keeping me company when i was hospitalised as a kid (yep went thru pain and the hospital was like my annual chalet).

So would just like to declare it out loud that I love you mum!

On a lighter side of things, it's all feeling darn strange. I actually had 4 people in church wishing me "Happy Mother's Day"! I'm like HUH? Do you see my kid running about? Or where's my husband? Or does it mean that my age is starting to reflect on my appearance?

Wah lao....

~ Lara ~

No comments: