Saturday 17 May 2008

My first blading lesson

Decided to sign up for roller blading lessons with Cc, it's like finally... after countless times of falling down, ex-bfs trying to teach me to finally hurting my tail bone really bad to which the doc told me to stop blading for awhile and to better get blading lessons from the professionals. Paid about $98 (incl of GST) for 5 lessons (note: u join 3 others as well, so not personalised training).

We were late today for the lesson and had to walk briskly directly to the skate school at East Coast. Cc who has been running very frequently was walking about 15 steps in front of me and i was trying to catch up. It was a smack at my face when she said, "Oi you used to be so fit, what happened?" (Yes i used to be the one that could have been the 15 steps ahead of her type) What can i say, 8 mths of work life in X company changed my physical training habits. Either working really late or being so mentally drained that hitting the gym 3 to 4 times a wk and strict dietary habits very quickly soon became things of the past. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Anyways, had Justin as our coach today. First thing i told Cc was that, oh man he looks so young, prob half our age. I guess when he started teaching he was way off his age. I would say very experienced. I'm a total baby when it comes to roller blading. So i had to start from scratch while Cc was already blading away and doing cooler stuffs. Fine by me, because i'm a firm believer of building the right foundations first and asking the right questions, then everything else will just fall into place. Fell twice actually, haha. But being an ex-dancer, I know how to do it with grace (actually part of the lesson is also to know the right mtd of falling). Put on a straight-face and get up again.

On the whole, i think i burnt a few cals and had a great time. :) Ooh... body's starting to ache actually... see i told u i need to get back in shape. :P

~ Lara ~

No comments: