Saturday 26 July 2008

Paper Sense

OCBC keeps sending me monthly credit card statements even though I’ve discontinued the use of my card ages ago. I’ve gone paperless for most of my bills already – just didn’t have the right sense to call in to ask OCBC to stop because I’m hoping they would appeal to their common sense and stop the next month. But they never did. For 1.5 years.

The green side of me finally made me pick up the phone at 11pm one night to ask them to stop.

After six minutes on hold with messages informing me that the call centre is experiencing a high volume of calls (really, who in their right mind would be making calls to their banks at 11pm at night?), a real person, Mr. X, finally took the call.

I explained the situation and Mr. X said the reason why I am still getting statements was the I have a credit of four cents in my account. Incredulous, I told Mr. X that OCBC can keep that four cents, but to just stop sending me administrative documents. Not a problem, said Mr. X, we just need to “zerorised” your account but please let me put you on hold first. Another 2 minutes later, ok, its done, informed Mr. X, anything else I can help you with?

Despite Mr. X’s chirpy service at ungodly hours, I’m let down by the fact that if I didn’t make the call, the statements will probably keep on coming. OCBC probably spent more than four cents by sending me all these paper work for the past 1.5 years. Can’t imagine how many others besides me have “slipped through the cracks”?

~SeamonkeY~

No comments: