Monday 14 July 2008

Business Class to Bangkok

A weekend trip to Bangkok isn't exciting for Singaporeans anymore. I've had friends who are just doing day trips to the City of Angels now - arrive, brunch, shop, massage, seafood dinner and then catch the last flight out from Bangkok back to Singapore. 

Just completed my most recent trip to the city. Ironically, what use to be the draw for me in Bangkok (the shopping) cant't be compared what I think is the least important of any trips i.e. flights and accommodation. 

Kenneth Cole decided to redeem his miles for business class for our flights. Actually, he booked it too late and there wasn't any coach seats left. And after getting on SQ's business class, now I'm craving for another flight out....and i hate to fly. What's the difference between coach and business? For starters, (1) service is really a lot friendlier. I can imagine why the tai tai slapped that stewardess. (2) Linen towels in the bathrooms. One-time use only and gets thrown into the trash. Not very environment-friendly. (3) Noise-cancellation headsets. No more plastics headphones that will ruin your hair. (4) Meals. I chose a low-lactose one for fun for my return trip. Figured the low-lactose meals also = low-salt = high fibre = bland. I consoled myself by thinking its to balance out the lamp chops I had for my flight to Bangkok. 

Friggin' flights were too short. Damn. I'm a converted business-class fan. 

Pictures of the boutique hotel I stayed at next.

~SeamonkeY~ 

No comments: