Tuesday 25 September 2007

The Bride Who Caved

Never thought I would be the sort to pick up bridal magazines and talk endlessly about the 'big day' but here I am, eating my own words.

Yesterday, I bought my very first copy of bridal magazine. 480 pages of glorious advertisements and content all promoting wedding related stuff from the perfect napkin holder to that dream gown that not only downsizes your hips but magically add 2 bust sizes at the same time. I swear it weighs close to a kilo (all the better to do some weight lifting exercise as you skim through the pages...such a little multi-tasker). For the uninitiated, it costs $8!!! And I'm embarrassed to say that all is keeping me from buying more, is that they are too heavy to carry around.

I'm practicing a lot of self-restraint already. I mean, for a person whose most of my adult life is involved in events, I ought to be smarter about these things right? NO.

You folks have been forewarned. From now till next year, every other word, thought, perspiration from me will be about the 'big day'. Thank gawd Ribena is taking me gown hunting soon (mostly to shut me up, I suspect). Can I just say I'm so glad she got hitched first and I held her hand through it (at least I hope I did?) and now its payback time. No need to pore through magazines and online forums for information, just bring along a married person for the ride.


~SeamonkeY~

No comments: