Saturday 9 August 2008

Is it really too much to ask?

Not one for regular male-bashing, the only thing that truly annoys the hell out of me is something (that I noticed) men tend to do – over promise, under deliver and do not know how to manage expectations.

Case in point, my designer at work. Alpha-male #1. He is holding me hostage. Why must I nag like a mother and cajole like a girlfriend in order to receive work that is 3 days late when the brief was given ages ago? I must be a real sucker because every time he said he will submit “tomorrow”, its usually sent 72 hours later. I dun really care if you have to go out – do I look like I work around your social calendar? Feeling constipated just waiting for him. Just like a silly girl waiting by the phone for a guy to call when he says he will (but you know he won’t).

Another case in point, our home decorator. Male too. Appointment at 4pm, called 2.5 hours earlier to say he can’t make it as his drafts are not done. Why doesn’t he have the balls to call a day earlier to reschedule? Was it to make us sleep better last night knowing that we will be seeing the drafts of our new place today? Now I’m left with a perfectly sunny Saturday without plans as we had revolved our ENTIRE schedule around him. That really made me boil.

Typical. Men.

~SeamonkeY~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And yet you so quickly stereotype me as a men-hater based on two paragraphs? its being professional at work. Suck it up and deliver on time or if not, admit it in advance but do not skirt around the issues.